EA SPORTS™ FIFA 23 brings The World’s Game to the pitch, with HyperMotion2 Technology that delivers even more gameplay realism, both the men’s and women’s FIFA World Cup™, the addition of women’s club teams, cross-play features, and more.
EA SPORTS™ FIFA 23 brings even more of the action and realism of football to the pitch in The World’s Game, with advances in HyperMotion2 Technology driven by twice as much real-world motion capture helping to create more true football animation than ever before in every match. Play the biggest tournaments in football with both the men’s and women’s FIFA World Cup™ coming to FIFA 23 during the season, play as women’s club teams – powered by dedicated HyperMotion2 animation – for the first time ever, plus enjoy cross-play features that make it easier to play against friends. Enjoy a new way to play and build your dream squad in FIFA Ultimate Team™ with FUT Moments and a revamped Chemistry system, or live out your football dreams in Career Mode as you define your personality as a player and manage as some of football’s most famous names. In VOLTA FOOTBALL and Pro Clubs, bring more personality to the pitch with new levels of customization and enhanced street and stadium gameplay. However you play, experience The World’s Game with over 19,000 players, 700+ teams, 100+ stadiums, and over 30 leagues - including the UEFA Champions League, Premier League, new Barclays FA Women’s Super League and France D1 Arkema with unrivaled authenticity in FIFA 23.
Hypermotion2 Gameplay Technology - Powered by Football, advances to groundbreaking EA SPORTS FIFA HyperMotion gameplay technology take FIFA 23 to over 6000 true-to-life football animations that deliver realism every time you step on the pitch in FIFA 23:
- Advanced 11v11 Match Capture - Xsens suits enable millions of data points to be captured from professional footballers playing real, high-intensity 11v11 matches. FIFA 23 includes Advanced 11v11 Match Capture data from two new full-match motion capture shoots with professional teams - including a FIFA-first motion capture of a women’s match - and data from five training drills, leading to more high-fidelity, true-to-life animations than ever before in an EA SPORTS FIFA title.
- Machine Learning - Advances to our cutting-edge and proprietary machine learning algorithm bring football realism to more footballing situations in FIFA 23. Learning from a cumulative 9.2 million frames of advanced match capture, the algorithm writes new animations in real time to create natural and realistic football motion across a variety of interactions on the pitch in FIFA 23.
The result brings FIFA 23 even closer to both the professional men’s and women’s games seen in stadiums all around the world, as HyperMotion2 gameplay technology unlocks brand new features that deliver unprecedented animation quality both on and off the ball:
- Full Team Authentic Motion - Player motion data captured from two further high-intensity 11v11 matches using Xsens suits leads to even more natural football animation in FIFA 23, captured directly from the pitch. Data captured from both a men’s and women’s match culminates in a combined total of over 6000 HyperMotion-enabled animations that make players move and play more responsively and realistically than ever before.
- Powering the Women’s Game - Dedicated Advanced 11v11 Match Capture of a full-intensity women’s match combined with machine learning technology to power the women’s game in FIFA 23, creating authentic animation informed by the movement of real-life women’s players.
- Technical Dribbling - A brand new dribbling system allows attackers to calculate their path to the ball more intelligently. Animation transitions are informed by machine learning between every dribble touch, delivering next gen visuals and variety with the ball at your feet. Whether you’re taking on a defender for pace or keeping the ball close to turn away from an opponent, ultra-responsive dribbling makes the world’s-best move more fluidly than ever before.
- ML-Jockey - Machine learning technology learns from real-world defensive situations and movement taken from Advanced 11v11 Match Capture data to rewrite the jockeying system in FIFA 23, creating more natural animations as defenders face up to oncoming attackers.
- AcceleRATE - New acceleration mechanics provide a new layer of personality to how players reach their top speed in FIFA 23. From explosive acceleration off the mark to more controlled or lengthy changes of pace, players will now reach their top speed at different rates to create more variety in player movement and gameplay in FIFA 23.
- Composed Ball Striking - New animations powered by HyperMotion2 allow for more natural transition between controlling the ball and shooting. Combining precision and fluidity, longer high-quality animation creates one continuous motion as players trap the ball, rotate, and strike the ball towards the target.
- Kinetic Goalkeeper vs Header Battles - An evolution in two player interaction technology syncs player animations as goalkeepers rise to meet crosses against opposing attacking players, creating cleaner outcomes as keepers claim aerial balls.